Play online blackjack for real money
Welcome to Planet 7 Casino’s center for 21 games! Here you’ll find all the most popular variations of online blackjack real money, and maybe even a few you’ve never heard of. Planet 7 offers players eight different types of 21 games, from your classic American Blackjack to Super 21, Face Up 21 to Suit ‘Em Up Blackjack. Although the games may have differing rules and features, the main goal is still the same as it’s always been – get to 21 without busting and beat the dealer at his own game!
Before you play any online blackjack for real money, take a look at the instant play feature on Planet 7 Casino! You can access over 200 games for free either on the Planet 7 downloadable PC app, the Mac site, or the real money mobile casino from your smartphone or tablet. That includes all eight online blackjack games, so take advantage of as much free practice as you need before you risk real money. With enough practice and research on proper basic strategy, your bankroll will thank you in the long run!
Most Popular Online Blackjack Real Money Games:
Where the worldwide phenomenon started – classic blackjack will forever remain in the casino games hall of fame. Getting to 21 is the name of the game, and it’s the players against the dealer to get there. Planet 7 Casino offers players the opportunity to play online blackjack for real money on either the PC app or the Mac site or for free in the instant play section. Check out the most widely played casino game in the world right from the comfort of your home!
While we consider American Blackjack the classic, the game actually originated in Europe. There are a few key differences between American and European versions of the game that are important to know before playing. For example, the dealer doesn’t have a “hole card” – a second card that is face down – on the first deal of the game. In European Blackjack, a standard two decks is used, versus the six to eight decks used in American Blackjack. Make sure you research the differences before you pick your favorite!
Face Up 21
Another popular online blackjack game for real money, Face Up 21 is pretty self-explanatory. Both the players and the dealer are dealt two cards facing up, which evens out the playing field on both sides. With everything visible on the table from the beginning, players can make a more informed decision on what they want to do with the cards they’re dealt. Otherwise, this version is much like the classic American Blackjack – try your best to get to 21 without busting and beat the dealer at his own game!
Also known as Spanish 21, Match Play 21 is another version of real money online blackjack that’s popular with players from around the world. This game is played with a 48-card deck, one in which all the tens have been removed. The biggest difference in Match Play 21 is the payout system – you get special bonuses simply for having certain combinations of cards, like a hand of different suits of six, seven, and eight value cards. Be sure to read up on all the rules and practice on the instant play feature before you play online blackjack for real money!
7 Online Blackjack Real Money Tips & Tricks
- Tip #1: Don’t split fives and tens. With two fives you’re almost halfway to 21, and with two tens you’re standing on 21’s doorstep. Don’t split them; hit on the former pair, stand on the second. Trust us.
- Tip #2: Don’t buy insurance. The odds against the dealer having a blackjack are 9:4, meaning if you buy insurance 130 times, you’ll win 40 times and lose 90. Pass on this one.
- Tip #3: Don’t drink excessively. This tip applies to almost any casino game, but none so much as blackjack. This is a thinking game, not a drinking game, so keep it sober.
- Tip #4: Don’t pay attention to your fellow players and what they’re doing. You’d be surprised how many people forget this. You’re playing blackjack, not poker – your only opponent is the dealer, so don’t worry about the people sitting on your side of the table.
- Tip #5: Know the rules before you sit down at the table. Seriously. There are too many suckers who sit down and expect their fellow players to hold their hand. Don’t be that guy.
- Tip #6: Online Blackjack for real money can be very lucrative if you know what you’re doing, so don’t play willy-nilly and hope for the best. Study a basic strategy chart and you’ll reap the rewards of your efforts.
- Tip #7: Speaking of studying – pull up that basic strategy chart in one window on your computer and online blackjack with Planet 7’s instant play section in an adjacent window. You’ll improve your gameplay for free, which is always a win-win.
Fun Facts About Blackjack
- #1: Blackjack is the most widely played real money casino game in the world.
- #2: The first written reference to blackjack appears in the first years of the 1600’s, in Miguel de Cervantes’s Novelas Ejemplares. The main characters, living in Seville, Spain, are proficient at cheating at a card game known as “ventiuna,” which is Spanish for twenty-one.
- #3: “Ventiuna” was played with a baraja deck, which doesn’t have eights or nines.
- #4: The name “blackjack” originated in the US. When the game was introduced, gambling houses offered bonus payouts to garner interest, and one of these was a 10:1 payout if the player’s hand showed the ace of spades and a black jack. The hand was known as a “blackjack,” and the name stuck to the game, even after the bonus payout was removed.
- #5: The best hand in blackjack is obviously 21, and the second is 20, but what’s the third? 19? Actually, no – it’s 11. Why? Because you only need a ten to get to 21 – and there are four times as many tens in the deck as any other card. (Tens, jacks, queens, kings)
- #6: The first scientific and mathematically viable attempt to beat blackjack was devised and revealed in 1956 in a paper titled The Optimum Strategy in Blackjack. This paper is the foundation for all future attempts to beat blackjack, including Ed Thorp’s famous book, Beat the Dealer.
- #7: Fives are the most disadvantageous number for blackjack players. For every five removed from the deck, there is an added return of 0.67% for the player.